The kitchen at Maison Coli is one of our most favorite rooms in the house. It’s well-equipped and efficient! In this kitchen, you’ll equally enjoy making a morning cafe au lait or a sit-down dinner for 10. Not to mention it has one of the best views in the house from across the great room out to the pool.
- All appliances are Smeg.
- Compact refrigerator for daily needs (larger refrigerator/freezer for drinks or party trays in the laundry room)
- Induction Cooktop
- Convection Oven
- Nespresso espresso machine
- Large island for prep/or serving
- Open shelving for easy access to breakfast dishes and bowls, glasses, and coffee cups
Enjoy the Fresh Produce of France
Saint-Gilles-Croix de Vie is lucky to have 5 market days per week in the summer. Saturday, Wednesday (on the Saint Gilles side), and Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday (on the Croix-de-Vie side just across the bridge).
The markets in Saint Gilles are wonderful and you can find the best quality produce, cheese, bread, wine, seafood, and meats in the area. The house also has plenty of baskets for keeping all your provisions well-organized and within reach on the kitchen counter.
A Kitchen For Cooking
We sometimes get lazy in France because the quality of the food is so wonderful you don’t need to do much to it! But this kitchen was designed for cooking and we do hope you take advantage of it.
Favorite French Recipes
- Tomates Farcies Recipe (In France you can find the filling already prepared! Typically at the butcher or charcuterie counter at the grocery store) Then all you have to do is fill the cored tomatoes and bake.
- Tartiflette Recipe(A great potato, bacon, cheese dish, perfect for the colder months, and in France you CAN actually get the Roblochon cheese unlike in the U.S)
- Seared Salmon with Buerre Blanc Sauce Recipe (The Seafood in Saint Gilles, is fantastic! Take advantage of the fresh salmon with this recipe! Easy and delicious.
- Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame Recipe (Had a long day of sightseeing? These are easy and delicious to whip up and serve with a salad)
- Moules Frites Recipe (Certainly there are lots of restaurants in town serving these, but if you want to make them at home, this is my Go-To Recipe)
How-To Guide For Renters:
These videos will show you how to operate the appliances. The videos begin in English and then repeat in French.
- How To Operate the Oven and Microwave (En Francais)
- How to Operate the Cook Top (En Francais)
- How to Operate the Disherwasher (En Francais)
- How to Operate the Lights in the Kitchen (En Francais)
- The Laundry Room: