The dining pergola is essentially another dining room for the house. It’s ideal for lazy, summer lunches next to the pool, or festive dinner parties under the twinkle of fairy lights.
The dining pergola and pool are just off the back of the house, easily accessible through the sliding doors. During the day the sliding doors let in a nice cross breeze through the house and the main rooms.
During the summer months, the pool has long hours of sunlight stretching past 5:00 pm in the evening.
The lounge chairs are lightweight and can easily be moved around the yard as needed.
- The table can easily accommodate 14 guests comfortably
- Grapevines are being trained up the pergola to offer shade, but in the meantime, shade is provided with a canisse cover
- New BBQ for easy grilling while entertaining guests
- The pool is heated and includes a bench left of the stairs for seated bathing
- The pool also has a mechanical cover for easy opening and closing at the turn of a key
- 4 lounge chairs and side tables line the pool.
- The weeping willow tree also functions as a lovely sun cover for afternoon naps
Lunch By The Pool
The dining pergola is a wonderful place to be in the summer months. The BBQ is easily accessible to the table so you won’t miss out on any of the fun!
To the left of the BBQ is a side alley that allows for easy access to the kitchen and laundry room where the larger refrigerator is stored.
Setting the Table
The buffet in the dining room is well stocked with everything you need to set a pretty table. From placemats and plates to cutlery, glasses, small vases, and candleholders.
Please feel free to pick whatever is growing to fill the vases. Often times we pick the grape leaves too as they last a long time in water outside and add a nice charm to the table arrangements or cheeseboards!
A Place for the Apero!
To the right of the dining pergola overlooking the pool is a grouping of small tables and low chairs for enjoying the French Apero! It makes for a wonderful start to any evening or lunch.